BARNWELL PUBLIC LIBRARY
July/August 2017 Newsletter
- Thank you for all of your donations of books, audiobooks and movies! We catalogue everything we can and then donate what books we can’t use to Better World Books.
- Come in and read the Taber Times newspaper. Find out the latest news in Taber and area.
- Our new library is almost complete and we will be moving in soon. Stay tuned for more info.
- To celebrate Canada's special 150th birthday we are going to read 150 books or 150 days or 150 chapters or 150 pages. Come into the library to sign up for this fun birthday challenge!
Summer Reading Program
We are so excited to welcome Paige and Judy as our Summer Reading Program Coordinators. They have lots of fun and exciting activities planned. The program will start June 27 at 1 pm. It will run every Tuesday and Thursday until mid-August. This is a free program open to all children ages 5 to 11 but we do require registering the kids and a parental consent. Throughout the summer the kids will be celebrating Canada’s 150th birthday through reading, crafts and other activities. Sign up your child today!
La La Land A Dog’s Purpose The Fate of the Furious
Beauty and the Beast The Shack Kong, Skull Island
Batman Lego Movie Boss Baby
(If you can’t find it here, we can order it in for you.)
Phone number: 403-223-3626
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are on Facebook @Barnwell Public Library
SUMMER LIBRARY HOURS:
Tuesday 1 pm – 5 pm
Wednesday 1 pm – 5 pm
Thursday 1 pm – 5 pm
Friday 1 pm – 5 pm
MOMS & TOTS will start up again in September.
New Books for Adults:
“The Black Elfstone, the Fall of Shannara”
“Dust Bowl Girls” an inspiring story of the team that barnstormed its way to Basketball Glory.
A new novel by Georgia Hunter “We Were the Lucky Ones”
“Haven of Swans,” a Rock Harbor novel
“The Miracle Morning: the not so obvious secret guaranteed to transform your life (before 8 am)” by Hal Elrod.
The best ways to use your library card:
- Download the free Overdrive app on your phone and read thousands of books anytime and anywhere!
- Download the free PressReader app and get all your newpapers and magazines on your tablet, easy to read, navigate and print articles.
- Go to “Lethbridge Presents..” at chinookarch.ca to order free passes for The Galt Museum, Fort Whoop-Up, University of Lethbridge swimming pool and track, mini golf, and many more!
New Stuff for Kids & Teens:
A trilogy by Marie Lu: “Legend,” “Prodigy,” and “Champion”
“Wild Wicked Wonderful Top Ten” nonfiction series
“Extraordinary Adventures of Alfred Kropp” by Rick Yancey